Carsharing will benefit your wallet, your environment, your community and your health! Here’s how …
- Car ownership is a huge expense. If you need a car four days a week or less, carsharing will probably save you money.
- Carsharing provides members with access to vehicles when they need one and they only pay for what they use!
- Without insurance, maintenance, repairs and gas costs to worry about, members end up with more money in the bank at the end of the month.
- That’s money to put towards more important things, like student loans, new skis, credit card payments, that next great vacation or even a new home.
- People sharing cars means fewer cars on the road. Fewer cars on the road means fewer greenhouse gas emissions, less stress on our green spaces, and less traffic in our towns.
- It is estimated that for every Kootenay Carshare Co-op car on the road, at least 5 private vehicles are removed. That means that since we started in 2001, about 95 vehicles have been taken off the road.
- Because members don’t have a car parked in their driveway, they are more likely to walk or bike and have multi-use trips.
- With the Kootenay Carshare Cooperative you get all the benefits of owing a car without any of the hassle. We boost batteries, change flat tires and do regular maintenance and cleaning on our vehicles so you don’t have to!
- Moving? Recycling? Friends in town? Going hiking? With access to cars, trucks with 4×4 and vans you can access where you want when you want.
- Being part of a non-profit cooperative means that the money you pay for your usage fee goes towards strengthening the organization and your community.
- New to town? Become a member and meet our members at one of our annual events. Carsharing is a great way to network with like-minded people.
- We make an effort to participate and contribute to community and member driven initiatives. Whether its donating vehicle time and drivers for a local youth bottle drive or arranging carpooling to non-profit learning events, we are on board!